Wondering what on earth is the diamond's Pavillion, Table, Culet. The graphic and supporting text below explain the various parts of a diamond.
- Diameter The width of the diamond as measured through the girdle.
- Table This is the large, flat top facet of a diamond.
- Crown The upper portion of a cut gemstone, above the girdle.
- Girdle The narrow rim of a diamond that separates the crown from the pavilion. It is the largest diameter to any part of the stone.
- Pavilion The lower portion of the diamond, below the girdle. It is sometimes referred to as the base.
- Culet The tiny facet on the pointed bottom of the pavilion, which is the portion of a cut gem below the girdle.
- Depth The height of a gemstone, from the culet to the table